Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Loss of a sewing icon

Recently I read in ASG Notions Newsletter an article written by Nancy Zieman about her health and cancer.  It was apparent that the cancer was winning.  Yesterday, she passed away!

I did not know her personally and yet I feel I lost a good friend.  Before blogs, Instagram, ASG, etc.,Nancy was my sewing buddy/friend.  I remember when she first started Sewing With Nancy, I made a point to watch every Saturday until I bought a DVR to tape her program.  Her show, her DVD's, her books were always my helpful sewing guide and inspiration.

I purchased countless items from her website and just a week or so again I bought a few more items.

She will be missed by many.  God bless her family and thank you Nancy for sharing this sewing passion with me all these years.


6 comments:

  1. Such loss for both her family and the sewing world. I remember checking out her books at the library and I would get excited when they would get a new one in. She was my first sewing "teacher" and I also would/still record every episode of Sewing with Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a loss for her family and her sewing family!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sad that she passed away. I have recorded so many of her shows. She was always helpful and never talked down to her audience. I will really miss her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her personality came across so well in her shows. She was a true sewing teacher and coach. She will be missed.

      Delete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...